Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Attuned to His Voice

I had the opportunity to speak at a local Parish at the beginning of the new year and it was a wonderful experience and I think I delivered what they were looking for. The people who gathered seemed very pleased and one man in particular, I'll call him Robert, was very complimentary. He mentioned to me repeatedly how much he liked my presentation. Now, I'm not just tooting my horn here for my own glory because something happened when I was asked to come back 3 months later. As I entered the Church I saw Robert with the Pastor and after saying Hello to the Pastor I immediately gave a big smile and handshake to Robert. I said, 'Hello, nice seeing you again!' He looked perplexed and said, 'Excuse me, I don't think we've met?' I said, 'It's me, Allan, don't you remember me?' He looked me square in the face and said...'No' I was a bit humbled to say the least. Well, we had Mass and then I gave the first of three presentations. Well, after the first presentation, Robert came up to me apologetically and said, 'Allan, of course I remember you. You see my eyes are not that good without my glasses but I was attuned to your voice.' 'When you spoke I remembered who you were.'

'Attuned to your voice'

I don't remember what I said the rest of the day but I'll remember for a long time Robert's words and the importance of being attuned to God's voice in my daily life.

No comments: