Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Praying with the Contemplative Branch of the Missionaries of Charity

In addition to my teaching HS and speaking engagements I teach the Missionaries of Charity Sisters, (Mother Teresa's Sister's) in Plainfield, NJ each Thursday afternoon. I try to make it there every 3 or 4 weeks with my family for evening prayer and Adoration with the Sisters who welcome us and everyone with open arms and a big smile.

I have been taking my HS students there the past three years as well to give them a taste of contemplative prayer, contact with the MC sisters, silence and most importantly JESUS! I was able to bring about 16 of my students on May 7th for evening prayer and afterwards a 'meet and greet' with the Sisters. Its a wonderful experience and to my never ending surprise my students really like it!

The peace and joy of the Sisters in the Eucharistic presence of Jesus is a perfect combination. Pray that it will bear fruit in the lives of these young people.

No comments: