Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I had the chance to reconnect with Most Reverend Arthur J. Serratelli, S.T.D., S.S.L., D.D, Bishop of Paterson, NJ the other month at the Gala Fundraiser for Assumption College for Sisters in Mendham, NJ where about 35 Religious Sisters from around the globe are educated. Father Serratelli was my scripture professor at Immaculate Conception Seminary before being elevated to Bishop. I remember driving home very excited after most classes because of the way he could draw out the details of various parables and apply them to everyday life. In the acknowledgements in my latest book; Jesus in the House, I thank him for drawing me closer to Christ through knowledge and love of Jesus through the scriptures. 'Let the word of Christ, rich as it is, dwell in your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" In addition to Bishop Serratelli I would be remiss if I failed to mention Msgr. Turro who, through simplicity and insight was also an inspiring professor. It's funny that he and I both instruct the Missionary of Charity Sisters (Contemplative Branch) in Plainfield, NJ.

No comments: